Hello Daring Bakers!
As an Irish lady, I’m actually no stranger to bread pudding! Home made bread pudding was commonplace on our desk rising up and in a whole lot of different households in Eire and England. It wasn’t till I turned knowledgeable chef that I spotted I might enterprise from the standard cinnamon and raisin puddings. As an alternative, I began to experiment with a few of my favourite substances.
This blueberry and lemon curd bread pudding is a daring twist on an previous traditional, with stunning recent flavors of blueberries and my do-it-yourself lemon curd.
I like baking with blueberries, both recent or frozen as a result of after they bake, they turn into these unimaginable little taste bombs of fruity, juicy goodness. And I love lemon curd—it actually brings a dish to life! It’s what I name zippy and creamy! The scrumptious acidity of the fruit and lemons, combined with the eggs and butter, and delicate bread, imply a refreshing, creamy dessert that’s simply good for spring.
What Is Blueberry And Lemon Curd Bread Pudding?
After I make recipes like blueberry and lemon curd bread pudding, I really feel like I’m time touring. Conventional recipes, like bread and butter pudding my mum used to make for my siblings and me rising up, have been nice methods to make use of up leftover, day-old bread. Including completely different substances, nevertheless, brings it to the now, and I like experimenting with all these stunning flavors.
Bread pudding is a dessert made with bread, cream, and eggs. If I needed to evaluate it to a dish individuals within the states are extra aware of, I’d liken it to one thing of a French toast casserole, like my In a single day French Toast recipe.
For this recipe, nevertheless, I don’t simply season it with cinnamon or raisins. As an alternative, I go for blueberries and lemon curd.
What You Want To Make Blueberry And Lemon Curd Bread Pudding
How Do You Make Blueberry And Lemon Curd Bread Pudding?
You should use both my do-it-yourself lemon curd for this recipe or store-bought. Both means, you’re going to have a scrumptious, comforting, heat dessert! Right here is the way you make Blueberry and Lemon Curd Bread Pudding (and don’t overlook to get the total recipe with measurements, on the web page down under):
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter 6 giant ramekins; you need to be certain you butter them effectively, as bread pudding does generally tend to stay! Set the ramekins apart.
- In a medium saucepan, warmth the cream till it simply involves a simmer. Take away it from the warmth and set it apart to chill a bit.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk to mix. Progressively add the recent cream, whisking as you go.
- Add the cubed bread into the nice and cozy custard and press down.
- Rigorously swirl within the lemon curd and blueberries. Set the saucepan apart on the counter for at the very least 60 minutes to let the bread absorb the custard.
- After at the very least 60 minutes, divide the pudding between the dishes. Prime with just a few extra blueberries!
- Bake the bread pudding for round 44-55 minutes, or till golden with a slight wobble within the center.
Gemma’s Professional Chef Suggestions For Making Blueberry And Lemon Curd Bread Pudding
- Bread pudding tends to bake on to your dishes, so do be sure to generously butter them!
- You should use any kind of bread on this recipe—from easy delicate white bread to brioche and even croissants.
- Day-old bread, or two-day-old bread, is the most effective for bread pudding. They maintain up their texture higher whereas absorbing all of the scrumptious liquid.
- If you happen to can’t get your palms on recent blueberries, or in the event that they’re out of season, frozen berries work simply as effectively! Frozen blueberries are at all times accessible, and they’re harvested throughout peak season—you’ll nonetheless get the most effective taste from frozen blueberries!
- For straightforward prep, soak your bread within the custard in a single day within the fridge. Then, simply slide it into the oven the following day!
- Use my do-it-yourself lemon curd!
How Do I Retailer Blueberry And Lemon Curd Bread Pudding?
You possibly can retailer any leftover blueberry and lemon curd bread pudding within the fridge for as much as three days.
Make Extra Pudding!
And don’t overlook to purchase my Larger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe under!